I don't plan on abandoning the Preposter.us project, but I'd like to get more intimate with the software that comes from the company I work for, and it would be nice to take a break from blog programming for awhile.
The first step is to create a basic blog in Next.js and get it hosted. As you can see I've begun this process with the help of the Next.js tutorial. This embryonic blog is currently deployed and hosted at nextjs-blog-five-olive.vercel.app.
So what's next?
Preposter.us to Next.js TODO:
- ~~Write a script to export Preposter.us posts as Markdown w/ YAML Front Matter~~
- ~~Import Markdown posts into this repository~~
- ~~Deploy to staging site~~
- ~~Point jasongullickson.com at the new site~~
- Clean-up (issues with Markdown hyperlinks, strikethrough, etc.)
- Import legacy content (everything that wasn't currently on the Preposter.us version of jasongullickson.com
I think that's about it.
Of course there will be ongoing work to improve the basic Next.js blog code itself. I'm sure there's all sorts of interesting things that I'll be able to add as I get more familiar with the technology. For now this move will put me in frequent contact with the code and give me an excuse to hack on it when I'm working on my own projects as well as the ones I do for Vercel professionally.